The research group is constituted by the following people:
View of the modern city of Volos from the excavation area.
- Dr. Alexander Mazarakis Ainian (Director), Associate Professor of Classical Archaeology of the IAKA Department (University of Thessaly)
- Dr. Iphigenia Leventi (Co-director), Lecturer of Classical Archaeology of the IAKA Department (University of Thessaly)
- Dr. Alexander Gounaris (Architect), Instructor of the IAKA Department; Architect at the 2nd Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities
- Postgraduate students (University of Thessaly, Athens and Pau of France)
- Approximately 40 undergraduate archaeology students of the IAKA Department (University of Thessaly)
The excavation has received a minimum of funding during the first two years.
The student expenses are covered by EPEAEK, a European Community programme of the IAKA
Department, whilst many students offer voluntary work. The research group is transported
to and from the excavation area with the university coach.