The participants to the Conference will stay at Park Hotel.
Whoever wants to attend to the Conference is kindly requested to make his/her own hotel reservation. For hotels please consult the webpage http://www.travel-pelion.gr. You may also make use of the list of hotels provided below. They are all located within walking distance from the University:
- Volos Palace: 2421076501-5
- Park: 2421036511-5
- Xenia: 2421037793-6
- Nefeli: 2421030211-3
- Electra: 2421032671-4
- Aigli: 2421025691, 2421024471
- Galaxy: 2421020750-2
Travel from Athens to Volos
You may travel from Athens to Volos by:
- Private car The distance is 318km. You follow the national road towards Lamia and then towards Larissa. You leave the motorway either at Mikrothives junction or at Velestino junction.
- Bus The Public Road Transport Buses (KTEL) operates 11 scheduled services per day. The buses to Volos leave from Liossion Bus Terminal.
- Train The Hellenic Railways Organisation (OSE) runs 1 direct service from Athens to Volos and 9 more via Larissa. We strongly reccommend to use Intercity trains (1 direct and 7 via Larissa). The train leave from Stathmos Larissis.
- To get from the Athens airport to the bus station, you get on the X93 express bus. The buses run every 30 minutes in the day and every hour in the night.
- To get from the Athens airport to the train station, you get the Proastaikos train straight to Stathmos Larissis (warning: not all Proastaikos trains go to Athens, so make sure you get on the correct one). Currently the Metro service from airport to Athens is suspended due to works.
Travel from Thessaloniki to Volos
You may travel from Thessaloniki to Volos by:
- Private car The distance is 218km. You follow the national road towards Larissa and then towards Lamia. You leave the motorway either at Velestino junction.
- Bus The Public Road Transport Buses (KTEL) operates 8 scheduled services per day. The buses to Volos leave from Macedonia Bus Terminal.
- Train The Hellenic Railways Organisation (OSE) runs 14 services from Thessaloniki to Larisa, from where you can catch one of the 12 local services to Volos. We strongly reccommend to use Intercity trains (7 services to Larissa). The trains leave from New Railway Station.
- To get from the Thessaloniki airport to the bus or train station, you get on the number 78 bus. Buses run approx. every 30 minutes.
The above information is correct on May 2009, but are subject to change without notice.
- KTEL. Bus timetables from Volos to Athens and Thessaloniki and return.
- OSE. Train timetables. Use keywords Athina, Thessaloniki, Bolos. Also check the connections Athina - Larisa - Bolos and Thessaloniki - Larisa - Bolos.
- Map of downtown Volos [.jpg , 110kB]
- Road map covering the area from Athens to Volos [.jpg , 880kB]
- Road map covering the area from Thessaloniki to Volos [.jpg , 590kB]